Financial accounting for allocated funds is carried out at each node, with MQ responsible for the final reporting to ARC through the DVC Research.
Strategy for CCFS funding leverage
ARC anticipates that Centres of Excellence will develop a profile of basic and strategic research outcomes that provides an attractor for leveraging resources. Active strategies within CCFS include:
- Collaborative project building with industry partners
- Technology development to deliver new and improved methodologies and tools for enhanced research collaboration and for the exploration industry
- Diversification of the funding portfolio to include other Government schemes, industry and participation in international research programs
- Applications to funding schemes for matching funds for new infrastucture purchases and partner co-investment
- Providing input into future NCRIS (especially AuScope) policies, using CCFS research concentration and leading directions to inform national priorities.
CCFS INCOME 2011
|ARC Post-Award Early Career Research Support||1,250|
|Aust. Antarctic Div., Aust-India Grant, MERIWA, DIISR, HKRG, ISAP, NSFC||340|
|Industry and Commercialisation|
|Collaborative research projects and commercial contracts (e.g. GLITTER) via Access MQ||310|
|Industry contributions to ARC Linkage and internal collaborative research projects||1,455|
|Internal from Collaborating Iniversities|
|Matching to other commonwealth/state||50|
|Matching to ARC schemes||2,000|
|Postgraduate research grants||23|
Note: This is an unaudited summary of 2011 income. A full, audited statement of detailed expenditure and income is prepared by Macquarie University. No in-kind support is included here.
PIE CHART OF INCOME SOURCES 2011