Research Priority 1: An Environmentally Sustainable Australia
Goal 1: Water – a Critical Resource
Goal 2: Transforming existing industries
Goal 6: Developing Deep Earth Resources
Research Priority 3: Frontier Technologies for Building and Transforming Australian Industries
Goal 1: Breakthrough Sciences
Goal 2: Frontier Technologies
- Enhanced international links
- Excellence in training of our future generation of geoscientists
- Enhanced industry links nationally and internationally
- Improved exploration tools and strategies for Australian mineral exploration companies both on- and off-shore
- Technological innovation (scientific advances, intellectual property, commercialisation, value-added consulting services)
- Implementation of significant parts of the UNCOVER initiative set out in: “Searching the deep earth: a vision for exploration geoscience in Australia” published by the Australian Academy of Science (2013; http://www.uncoverminerals.org.au/documents). CCFS addresses initiatives (ii) – (iii): investigating Australia’s lithospheric architecture, 4D geodynamic and metallogenic evolution, and distal footprints of ore deposits.
Joshua Shea searching for an elusive outcrop at Harden, NSW.